Friday, October 07, 2005

Queen


This was mixed media, paint, paper, and ink, with 14k gold pigments.

It isn't finished, and additionally, it got damaged in the move from Jersey to Ga. One night I tried to remove the canvas from the frame (with a steak knife) so I could flatten it and put it on another frame and I sliced my pointer finger almost to the bone. I cried like a baby, I didnt want to go to the hospital, but Joe made me. The doctor said I did in fact need stitches and she gave me the shots to numb it....I dont know what the deal is, but I think I am allergic to that stuff (if you know anything about allergies to novocain, email me) because everytime I have ever gotten novocain I have had a severe reaction to it. This particular time, I felt naseaus, I threw up, then I felt a hot flush go thru my body and I fainted.

Long story short, she shot me about 7 times with it, and the finger still didn't go numb, she eventually wound up doing a stitch with no novocaine, which hurt like fuckin hell, and then putting a butterfly stitch over the rest.

I was supposed to go back to get the stich taken out, but i fiddled with it over the next week and the stich came out on its own, lol. Then i got a bill in the mail for over 1000 bucks. This country sucks.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite paintings, I hope to fix and finish it soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stop looking at this picture. It is really good.

4:51 AM  
Blogger YasminDano said...

all that money went towards the stitch and the novacaine that she gave you 7 f***ing times! She was not a good doctor then. With that kind of cut, it's not going to numb it, she could have just stitched it and butterflied but she charged you for the novacaine (7 times). I have the same reaction as well, they did that with removing a cyst, which I told the doc if he cut me again I was going to stab him with his blade because it didn't numb the area and it hurt like EVER and ever for a long time afterwards (like an hour) :)

4:19 PM  
Blogger YasminDano said...

oh yeah, this is a good one btw :)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home